Sunday 29 January 2012

The Weird and the Wonderful...

I have just finished making this cake for a 12 year old's birthday. I was not entirely familiar with these characters but I had glimpsed them a couple of times on TV but never sat down to watch a full episode. The young man whose birthday it was went absolutely went nuts (in a good way!) when he saw his cake.  I was told that these are his all time favourite cartoon characters of whom my children are familiar with also.  So, it seemed a bit of a weird co-incidence that when I was watching the Cartoon Network with my daughter this afternoon, both the cartoons came up one after the other, (back to back), and honestly? - I loved the humour but I felt like I was tripping (not that I know what that sensation is like you understand... I've heard it bantered around a few times). Gulp!!!  Anyway...moving on swiftly... here's my cake homage to "Adventure Time" and "The Regular Show" cartoons.  All the characters are made out of fondant.


L-R  Jake of Adventure Time cartoon Mordecai & Rigby of The Regular Show and  Finn also of Adventure Time



Close-up of Jake the dog


Adventure Time's Finn and Jake (the real characters...)




And...Rigby and |Mordecai of The Regular Show Fame

















2 comments:

  1. Hi, I was wondering how much it would cost to buy something like this? My daughter absolutely loves this show. Also wondering if you can ship out of state. I live in California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am so glad you like the cake, unfortunately we are based in London, England in the UK, although of course we could ship to you & would love to...it may end up being too costly.

      Delete