Thursday 19 January 2012

More Cakes by Jen Dennel

The lego for the cake didn't take me too long - I quite enjoyed it actually! I cut the bricks out in different sizes and then the circles were made from the end of a piping nozzle. And then i stuck them on!  The cake was a Victoria sponge.
The gecko (Rocky) was for my friend's daughter's lego cake - he was supposed to be a surprise for her on the back of the lego cake, but sadly he was too big! I made him from a fawn coloured fondant that I had created. I then moistened the fondant with water and sprinkled a mixture of linseeds and sesame seeds over the top. I then applied various colours to him - firstly a light yellow, then a fawny brown, then a lighter fawn and then i dotted him all over in black as he's a leopard gecko. I'm pretty impressed with him, but he won;t be eaten...He's just going to sit in her bedroom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment