Monday 19 March 2012

The Prince of Whales Cake

Jen Dennel (aka JD) made this adorably cute whale cake she says;

The cake was for my boss's grandson who is called Angus. They are having a christening party in Cornwall hence the beachy theme. The cake is a Dundee fruit cake - I didn't go with the darker heavier fruit cake because not everyone likes it and as the christening isn't until Sunday a sponge wouldn't have been fresh enough by then. I'm pleased with how its turned out and my boss is very pleased with it.

I'm hoping you will be impressed when i tell you that the piping of the name was done freehand and yes i did lift the nozzle well up off the cake - when I'm piping all I hear in my ear is you saying higher higher!!!!! 

Colette says...
Of course I am impressed with the icing - FABULOUS!!!...


No comments:

Post a Comment