Monday 13 February 2012

Kate's Cutesy Cake


Please find attached a picture of my 3 tier cake that I made for my friend's Mum's 60th last weekend. It was all plain sponge, with dowels and boards to keep it upright! The top tier was a bit bumpy but this was due to having a little too much buttercream underneath, and also some trapped air. The decoration was done using a Bow cutter kit.  The middle tear was just kept simple with 60's and the bottom had much more colour and lots of flowers (requested by my friend!) I struggled to find a lilac ribbon that matched exactly, so decided to make a feature of it and use two ribbons around each tier, using the silver to break up the lilacs and purples!

The cake was a great success, and everyone loved it, and also all the other decorations that I did for the party – table decorations, centre pieces, table plan, place cards etc!! The event planner in me enjoyed every minute!!

The next cake I've been asked to do is a simple one tier cake, but with a 'money' theme! Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Gorgeous cake, with fantastic Bow detail.  Am Lovin' It!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment